For the past 21 years, dedicated individuals, staff groups, community groups, services clubs and volunteer organizations have been there for the QEH. From bake sales, to ceilidhs, breakfasts to dances – you have helped make a difference in the lives of Islanders from tip to tip by raising important funds for your Island hospital.
We need your help again for the upcoming 21st annual QEH/Eastlink Telethon, happening May 27th and 28th, 2017.
We ask that you consider hosting an event or making a donation toward this year’s Telethon. No matter how large or small, these initiatives are invaluable to the overall fundraising efforts of the QEH Foundation and we are so grateful to the many individuals and groups who organize and coordinate events and activities throughout the community and choose to donate the proceeds to the QEH.
Examples of fundraising ideas or events include:
– Hosting a ceilidh or musical event
– Bake sales, garage sales, car washes
– Trivia/bingo nights Sporting events
– Bike, Run or walk event at your local town hall, Confederation Trail, etc.
– Silent or live auction on their own or part of a larger event
– Afternoon teas, potlucks, or fundraising dinner
– Raffles, prize baskets, 50/50 draw
– Casual Days (stickers provided)
This year, funds raised will support the purchase of priority medical equipment for pediatrics, stroke care, and mental health at the QEH.
MaryEllen Hughes, Telethon coordinator, would be more than happy to help you brainstorm an idea or help promote an event, helping you in any way she can to make your event a success! She would also welcome your group on our live broadcast to proudly present your donation live on air. She can be reached by phone at 902-894-0119 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.