The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Auxiliary Inc. is a volunteer organization that provides funds and services for the patients and staff of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, as well as education and fellowship for its members. This supports the hospital in providing quality care to the community. Lillibet’s Gift Shop and the Royal Pantry, located in the lobby of the QEH, are both operated by the QEHA, and are the Auxiliary’s main source of income.
Since 1981, the QEHA has raised well over $4-Million for the QEH. Additionally, the QEHA has:
- Spearheaded the fundraising that resulted in the purchase of the first mammography machine on Prince Edward Island.
- Contributed $500,000 to establish the hospital’s Neonatal Unit
- Been the first ever recipient of the QEH Platinum donor destination in honour of having raised in excess of $2-Million for the QEH Foundation
- Purchased a digital mammography machine for the QEH at a cost of $800,000
- Contributed $200,000 towards the purchase of a Portable Ultra Sound Machine, Minor Medical Equipment, and Neonatal Equipment, and $20,000 towards the purchase of new tables and chairs for the hospital’s cafeteria, in 2011
- In 2012, committed $200,000 towards the purchase of minimally invasive gynecological surgical equipment
- Pledged $200,000 toward new beds for the QEH in 2013
- Dedicated $300,000 in 2014 for the purchase of two large capacity washer/disinfectors in the Sterilization Processing and Distribution Department
- This year, pledged $245,000 to purchase a suite of advanced equipment for the Ophthalmology Department, and $275,000 for an instrument tracking system, which complements two large capacity washer disinfector machines, increasing the overall safety of patient care at the QEH.
Become a Volunteer with the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Auxiliary!
The QEH Auxiliary is currently looking for daytime and weekend volunteers at the Royal Pantry. For more information please call Wilma at 902-894-2197.
Become a Member!
For further information on how to become involved with the QEH Auxiliary, please contact Carolyn Villard at 902-894-2400.